Now of course, it actually is a law in Commi-for-nia, but you can still comply with the law by getting your doctor to sign off your reason for not getting your kids vaccinated, and there are a myriad of reasons. (Until 2021)
I will update this blog with more information as I get it. Please make comments with your experience, good or bad, whether you choose to get the vaccination for your children or not. This blog is NOT designed to make anyone feel bad or uncomfortable about vaccinations, it is designed as an information resource. I feel that parents should make their own decisions and be given clear options either way. The school system makes it look like they are forcing parents to get these shots or "no school".
Your existing waiver or affidavit is still good.In lieu of a waiver, you can write a letter to your doctor and ask them to sign it, or have them make their own written decision and you can present that to your kids school.
Please, please be very careful with the nurses, most of all. They act as gatekeepers of all this nonsense coming from the medical mafia, medical unions, and HMO Legal team. If necessary you will need to have the doctor sign something for you, but don't let the nurses know.
My worst experience at John Muir Medical is always related to the nurses and little gatekeeper legal people that run around like busy bees making sure the Doctors are kept in line. This is not a rant, it actually happens.
NEWS: Go find yourself a D.O. (Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine) which has naturopathic medicine training as well. What a great world view on life and how your medical experience should be practiced. I found a great D.O. in Concord, CA and will happily give you a personal reference if you contact me (email@example.com or 925-516-7699). I highly recommend finding a great Chiropractor as well.
NOTE FROM THIS BLOG
The requirements in California are so tight now, you need to get an exemption signed and submitted before 2021 BUT how about your families future? What about your kids family to be? Is it time to leave California? Soon CA will be the most disease-ridden state, with the school system beyond repair.
I recommend staying as long as you can, read these resources, find a doctor and surgeon that want to see your children. Establish relationships before 2021 and decide a plan of action very quickly.
- Give sole power to grant medical exemptions to government officials. These officials will not be required to see the patient or have any medical training.
- Restrict the awarding of medical exemptions to only those who fall within the stringent CDC guidelines. The state will have the power to revoke exemptions granted previously under SB277.
- Create and maintain a database of all medical exemptions. Since the state health department is not a medical establishment, it will not be prohibited from disclosing this information or sharing it with other government entities.
You want to read the worst trash said about parents of vaccine-injured kids? Interesting enough it contains a breakdown of the new regulations in California. http://bit.ly/2P7Wftt
SB276 mandated the following:
- A complete database of California vaccine medical exemptions which will allow the state to monitor which physicians are issuing medical exemptions.
- It will require requests for medical exemptions to be approved by the State Public Health Officer, or their designee, who can refuse any exemptions that are not supported by medical science.
- It will also require that the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) annually identify schools with vaccination rates less than 95%, physicians who filed more than 5 medical exemptions per the calendar year, and schools that did not report immunization rates to the CDPH.
- The law would require a clinically-trained staff member (a physician, surgeon, or registered nurse) to review all medical exemptions that meet the above three conditions. It would pinpoint those exemptions which are either fraudulent or fails to meet guidelines for medical exemptions.
- The CDPH can also report physicians who issued fraudulent or unjustified medical exemptions to the Medical Board of California.
- SB276 requires physicians who issue medical exemptions to actually examine the child in person (yes, under SB277, medical exemptions did not require an in-person visit, one of the massive loopholes that anti-vaxxers exploited).
- It requires physicians who are not the child’s primary care physician (PCP) to notify the PCP when they sign an exemption form.
- It requires physicians to use a standardized state-issued medical exemption form that makes them to clearly state which vaccine contraindications support the child’s exemption.
As a result of some waffling from Governor Newsom, who indicated he would not sign SB276 without changes AFTER he had made similar demands about SB276 several months ago, Senator Pan had to sponsor SB714, which added some of the items that Newsom required before he would sign SB276.
- It prevents physicians from demanding a fee for writing an exemption – however, if they see the child in person (which is now required), they may charge for an office visit.
SB-276 Signed by Governor of California
The LAW http://bit.ly/32DkcNm
(Follow link to read the huge amount of additional requirements)
SB-277 and older information, still relevant to fighting and surviving in California
MEDICAL EXEMPTION TO REQUIRED IMMUNIZATIONS OPTIONAL FORM FOR LICENSED PHYSICIANS (MD OR DO ONLY)
SB 277 still allows for a medical exemption and defines a medical exemption as follows:
If the parent or guardian files with the governing authority a written statement by a licensed physician to the effect that the physical condition of the child is such, or medical circumstances relating to the child are such, that immunization is not considered safe, indicating the specific nature and probable duration of the medical condition or circumstances, including, but not limited to, family medical history, for which the physician does not recommend immunization, that child shall be exempt from the requirements of Chapter 1 (commencing with Section 120325, but excluding Section 120380) and Sections 120400, 120405, 120410, and 120415 to the extent indicated by the physician's statement.The above specifies the following, confirmed from my own HMO (John Muir):
1) a written statement by a licensed physician (that immunization is not considered safe)
2) indicating the specific nature (what the problem is)
3) and probable duration of the medical condition or circumstances
4) including, but not limited to, family medical history, for which the physician does not recommend immunization (so provide all the history the doctor can read and include)
5) The HMO is NOT required to comply with this law
6) The doctor is NOT required to sign it, nor is he required to create a rift between himself and the legal team. i.e. putting his job at risk
7) The doctor can sign it, but it may need to go through a legal team and it will take a while
8) The best way will be to have the doctor write something up himself and sign it, in accordance with his legal team not making any demands of promises other than the exemption itself.
9) Per the above, create a full history and explanation you would like the doctor to read, and write up an exemption and sign it, and then you can take it home with you.
10) Make sure provided document is signed and dated, preferably with a stamp from the office, but once again that nurse situation is cautioned. The doctor might do it from a computer system, so it could include all the timestamp information within the document and he can then sign it.
Thank you for contacting me today. Here is a brief summary of what I found factual.
I believe I said a Chiropractor could sign off on the new SB-277 law, but that is only if they are also an MD or DO. A DC title alone is not good enough for our great state now. The whole "medical practitioner" language got deleted in the final bill.
PH (510) 267-3230 FAX (510) 268-2333
- Tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis booster (Tdap)
- Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR)
(d) The governing authority shall not unconditionally admit or advance any pupil to the 7th grade level of any private or public elementary or secondary school unless the pupil has been fully immunized against pertussis, including all pertussis boosters appropriate for the pupil’s age.
How to Claim a Medical Exemption in CA
Posted on by Leslie ManookianSuggestions on How to Claim a Medical Exemption in California (Full Report)
As you probably know, SB 277 was signed by Governor Brown in late June 2015.
Parents do not have to sign the PBE form if they are not comfortable with the language. Parents can attach the unsigned form to their own letter SB-277 Public health: vaccinations per SEC. 2. 120335. (b) (11) (g)
Please refer to this very useful compilation of links or this link to find physicians who understand vaccine risks. Also, remember that pediatricians are likely to be the most dogmatic regarding vaccines whereas family physicians may be less so. The physicians at the links above already respect different approaches to vaccines so may be more likely to write a medical exemption. In general, physicians likely to be most helpful are those who are qualified in functional medicine or integrative medicine. To find a functional medicine physician, use this link. To find an integrative medicine physician check this link or this link or search for “find an integrative medical doctor and search one of the other organizations. When using these lists of doctors, please note that only medical doctors (MDs and DOs) may write medical exemptions, not DCs or NDs, etc. Also, bear in mind that most pediatricians and general medical doctors do not use and may not understand the tests and suggestions below so it would be wise to work with one of the physicians at the links given.http://www.nvic.org/Vaccine-Laws/state-vaccine-requirements/california.aspx
Quick Fact: On June 30, 2015 Governor Brown signed SB 277 and personal and religious belief exemptions will not be allowed in California, effective July 1, 2016. However, if a parent files a letter or affidavit stating beliefs opposed to immunization prior to Jan. 1, 2016 that exemption will apply until the next grade span. For more information, please read the statute here, and register and log into NVIC's Advocacy Portal for updates. To understand options available to Californians please read NVIC’s Newsletter Article - The Fallout from California SB277: What Happens Next?
What the New Law Does and Does Not Do
- SB 277 removes the personal belief exemption from statute for government mandated vaccines required for children to attend elementary, middle and high school public and private schools, child care centers, day nurseries, and nursery schools.
- SB 277 applies to state mandated vaccines for diphtheria, Hib, Measles, Mumps, Pertussis, Polio, Rubella, Tetanus, Hep B (except for 7th grade and up), Varicella and “any other disease deemed appropriate by the department.”
- SB 277 does not require home school students or students who do not receive classroom-based instruction to be vaccinated.
- SB 277 does not prohibit a student who qualifies for an Individualized Educational Program from accessing any special education and related services required by his/her IEP.
- SB 277 does not fully go into effect until July 1, 2016.
- SB 277 provides for a limited grandfathering of students who submit a personal belief exemption affidavit to the school prior to January 1, 2016 to continue attending public or private school after July 1st, 2016 until they enroll in the next “grade span.” The three grade spans are defined as birth to preschool, kindergarten to sixth grade, and grades 7 through 12.
- SB 277 still allows for a medical exemption and defines a medical exemption as follows: “If the parent or guardian files with the governing authority a written statement by a licensed physician to the effect that the physical condition of the child is such, or medical circumstances relating to the child are such, that immunization is not considered safe, indicating the specific nature and probable duration of the medical condition or circumstances, including, but not limited to, family medical history, for which the physician does not recommend immunization, that child shall be exempt from the requirements of Chapter 1 (commencing with Section 120325, but excluding Section 120380) and Sections 120400, 120405, 120410, and 120415 to the extent indicated by the physician's statement.”
National Vaccine Information Center
Vaccine Resistance Movement (Facebook)
UNDER HERE IS PAST YEARS
June 30, 2015
Today (June 30, 2015) California Governor Jerry Brown signed SB277 into law.
He signed it less than 24 hours after it hit his desk, even though he had 12 days to review before making a decision.What does that mean?It means his mind was already made up.This is no surprise.
This morning, on Facebook, I posted the inspirational and hopeful comments of my friend Vasanth, because I wanted everyone to stay positive. I do believe in the power of prayer. I also believe in the power of truth. Given that we have truth on our side, and so many of us praying and visualizing a positive outcome, many are no doubt asking, “Why didn’t it work?”
The answer to that question is because it’s not time yet.
Let’s think about this…
What has happened in California as a result of Richard Pan’s push for SB277?
What has happened is that with every hearing, every testimony, every step closer to what happened today, more people woke up. More people became enlightened about what is happening to our children. More people became concerned about the government over-reach and the abusive tactics being employed to take away parental rights.
People got involved. They stopped looking at each other as “the enemy” and they started working together to stand against a common abuser.
California is awake...
A PORTION OF TEXT FROM SB 277
AB2109 is NOT about parental choice. It takes away parental choice by forcing us into corporate run doctors offices, and get "educated" on the wonders of vaccines. Check out this horrific Un-American video as Dr. Pan tries to explain "its all for our good" and the "government will save you". You must be re-educated to the views of the state.
NOTE: AB2109 goes into affect 1/1/2014 so please get your "informed consent" from your "health practitioner" and have it on hand for 2014 when requested. Remember that a school nurse can also sign off on this form.
AB2109 TEXT UPDATED
Unconstitutional Vaccine Law
AB2109 Passes the CA State Assembly Health Committee-1 of 7
VIDEO LINK (1 of 7)
Informed Parents "Vaccine Education" Binder on Google Sites
If you really want your children to be healthy, feed them good food, vitamins and minerals.
Vaccination is NOT Immunization I get my Immunition from Dr. Tim and Youngevity!
NVIC LINK ON CA
Parents need to understand that if you choose NOT to get a vaccination, then it is extremely important you boost their immunity. This requires vitamins, healthy food (including non-gmo, organic, and clean meat), exercise, a good stress-free home, and more. The government knows that our sedentary lifestyle and poor food choices weaken our immune system and therefore we need vaccinations, which of course further to deplete our immune system overall.
Take the Youngevity Tangy Tangerine Challenge, and replenish your vitamins and minerals.
In 2011 a new law was passed which allows minors 12 years old and older to consent to vaccines for sexually transmitted diseases without the knowledge or consent of their parents. This includes HPV vaccine. Cal Family Code § 6926. Medical exemptions are also allowed.
Executive Parental Summary
Fill out this affidavit, revoke your vaccination waiver, and replace it with this form.
Here is my personal affidavit on file with our school. [word copy] [pdf copy]
Please contact me directly (firstname.lastname@example.org or 925-516-7699) if you can get a hold of the tdap vaccine waiver form (if you work in the school system that would be great). On the website, it says:
Compliance with New Law AB 354If you homeschool in California, you have probably heard of the new HSLDA recommendations for complying with AB 354, the vaccination law that says all 7th-12th graders must show proof that they have received the Tdap (whooping cough) booster by July 1, 2011.
HSLDA and Family Protection Ministry sent email alerts and mailings out to many homeschoolers, and their recommendations are being forwarded by alarmed homeschoolers. You can read it here.
Before everyone gets in a panic over this and loses some of their rights at the same time, let’s take a breath here and examine the facts!
Yes, California has a new vaccination law, and we all know that some people vaccinate while some don’t. California law has not removed the option to sign a belief waiver. On that point, one can agree with HSLDA. The details of making sure we’re all in compliance is where the difference arises.
Unfortunately, the HSLDA recommendation does the following:
It erodes the rights of parents.
HSLDA is recommending that all homeschooling parents in California do whatever the California Department of Public Health asks. What they should be doing is standing up for our rights by encouraging everyone to observe the law as written! We are not obligated to comply with bureaucrats who request extra of us. When we start allowing unauthorized requests, we basically are encouraging State employees to take the law into their own hands.
It needlessly raises the fear level of homeschoolers.
The HSLDA alert is 4 pages long, full of details that are scaring parents. They jumped on board with the Department of Public Health by endorsing the special sticker and a special Tdap form available only through the health department.
It puts homeschoolers at risk.
The Health Department has come up with a new waiver form just for the Tdap. Nothing in the law requires a new form, but it’s part of the frenzy to make sure that every child is vaccinated. Instead of updating the old form and putting it online, they are requiring all schools to contact their Health Department if they need a waiver. HSLDA is recommending that all parents who file a private school affidavit individually contact their local Health Department to request the new waiver. What is going to happen to the thousands of families who follow this advice and basically let their local Health Department know where they live, that they are homeschoolers, and that they don’t fully vaccinate? Will they be subject to local harassment? It’s not a risk anyone should take.
What should you do?
It’s simple enough. The law changed, and everyone needs to either put a copy of the proof of Dtap vaccination in their child’s files or make sure they have signed the old PM 286B waiver.
Know the Code. Here are some links so you will know the law for yourself. Knowledge is power, and don’t let anyone take that from you. Be informed!
Here’s the link to the new law:
AB 354, Arambula. Health: immunizations.
The new law doesn’t say a new waiver form is needed just for Tdap, nor does it say that a special sticker must be in the upper left hand corner.
Need more? How about reading existing law about waivers? Here is the waiver law for children and school enrollment with the important part for parents in bold. It is in the Health and Safety Code:
However, whenever there is good cause to believe that the person has been exposed to one of the communicable diseases listed in subdivision (a) of Section 120325, that person may be temporarily excluded from the school or institution until the local health officer is satisfied that the person is no longer at risk of developing the disease.
Here is my personal affidavit on file with our school. [word copy] [pdf copy]
The following article on AB499 defines why it so important to have an affidavit on file, and not just a waiver form. I personally don't want to have to keep up with all the crazy waivers they throw at us. Just fill out a single affidavit form, and be done with it!
What if my school district says there is no exemption for the new Tdap vaccine?
If your school has not received the CDPH 8261 forms yet, then your county health department should be able to help.
Contact numbers are posted at:
See the bottom of http://www.cde.ca.gov/nr/el/le/yr11ltr0201.asp
for a letter from the CDE with contact numbers for CDPH and the CA School Nurse Consultant.
People in California who are willing to help with exemptions are posted here: http://vaclib.org/legal/stateresource.htm#c
Contact VacLib.org/VaccineTruth.net for exemption information:
NVIC Advocacy Portal
will have a list of individuals active with California exemption issues. Send a message asking to be put in touch with someone in your county or school district who can help with California exemptions.
Should I leave the wording of CDPH 8261 as it stands?
At VacLib we believe several things:
Parents should sign only statements that they believe.
Parents should not sign statements that are possibly self incriminating. See here for more information.
The following appear to be opinions of CDPH: Unvaccinated = unimmunized, the Tdap booster will prevent pertussis, no other way than vaccination exists to immunize, etc.
- 1. Sign the form as is.
- 2. Or cross out sentence two in the form.
- 3. Or print above sentence two, something like this:
I acknowledge that I have read the following two statements made by the CDPH:
[This suggestion is graphically illustrated below.
- 4. You may wish to write your own affidavit. (Show the school the law, section 120365)
- 5. You may wish to consult your legal council before signing the form.
“I hereby request exemption of the child, named on the front, from the immunization requirements for school/child care entry because all or some immunizations are contrary to my beliefs. I understand that in case of an outbreak of any one of these diseases, the child may be temporarily excluded from attending for his/her protection."
http://www.cdph.ca.gov/pubsforms/forms/CtrldForms/pm286b.pdf second page (back)
grades). (they give you this to sign somehow)
Signing the back of the Blue Card is not sufficient for exempting Tdap
• Fill out form CDPH 8261 with Student information
• Form MUST be signed by parent/guardian
and there are parts on the form that you may want to cross out (and initial that you crossed it out) and sign out - otherwise you implicate yourself as 'knowing it is dangerous to not vaccinate"
18 Reasons JUST TO SAY NO to Vaccinations
index: 2010-2011, 2011-2012, 2012-2013, 2013-2014, 2015, 2016-2017, 2017-2018, vaccine, vaccine waiver, ca vaccine, commifornia, tdap, mmr, measles, mumps, rubella